I thought a while about what I want this Blog to do. I want it to generate conversations. But the word conversation evokes speaking, physical listening and verbal response. What do you call this on paper? And more so, what do you call this in the virtual world of Blogging? So instead of creating verbal dialog, oral conversations, and physical listening, let’s use this as stream of conscious writing. Blogging has the advantage of being pretty anonymous. The likelihood of any of us meeting or even seeing one another in person is rather slim, not completely impossible, but still rather slim. So feel very free to respond openly so we can be honest. So yeah, let’s talk with our fingertips. Write with me, listen to what we read and feel, and respond. Repeat.
I will be musing about a variety of things, most from the view of a Boomer. I may write about books read, current events, personal memories, crazy ideas, humorous asides – maybe even recipes. There will be some limits set, but at this time I do not know what they are. However, when a line is crossed, I will respond with a poke for you to SYOB (start your own Blog) on that subject. Today, I am thinking about….
It’s not that I don’t have a lot to write about, I do. I am currently writing the sequel to Move In With Me. It’s about…well, I can’t tell you that until you’ve read the first book which I hope will be published in early 2020, but it’s title so far is Tangled Webs. In the meantime I thought I’d share a post I wrote a while back in 2012. Sometimes I read these and say this is no longer true. Not so with this one. I don’t think this will ever change. What about you?
I have finally decided to admit what I’ve known all along: I hate the gym. I don’t want to “work out”. I don’t want to “work” period. I want to play. I want a playground for adults. I think it would be great to have large indoor playgrounds where the “ground” was a really tight trampoline (like a boxing rink floor?) so that if you fell down, you may not break anything, and getting up may be easier. On this ground you would have:
It would not have showers. Go home grimy. When you get there, take your shower or bath, relax and go to bed. I bet we would be less stressed and a lot happier if we did this.
- swings – (wide bench seats for one) and lots of them. Nothing like stretching out in a swing to get height to your pendulous motion to work every leg and stomach muscle (not to mention arms) that you have.
- monkey bars – (several sets to accommodate short, average and tall people) along with the climbing dome and a rock wall for those linear thinkers;
- the horsey ride – (work those abs!).
- There could be dodgeball, volleyball, and of course badminton courts!
- What great playground does not have a pool? And, because we are adults, it would have a sauna and a hot tub!
- I wouldn’t mind a sandbox either for some creative outlet.
- Let’s add a line dance hall as well.
After a hard day at work, I’d rather go play. What about you?